Seke man appeals for help as gas cylinder explosion burns house, kills child, left wife for dead

Wardrobe Destroyed By Fire

By Staff Reporter

A somber atmosphere engulfed people of Zhanje village in Seke on Tuesday morning after a gas cylinder which was used for cooking exploded and burned a two roomed housed killing a 7 year old girl and leaving her mother severely burnt in the process.

The woman is currently battling for her dear life at Harare Hospital and the body of the child who died on the spot is reported to be undergoing postmortem.

Ziweya’s wife in Hospital

Husband to the wife and father to the deceased minor Nowhere Ziweye who works at a local branding company is appealing for help from well wishers in order to deal with expenses related to funeral and burial of his daughter as well as medical expenses for his hospitalized wife.

Narrating the ordeal to this publication, Ziweye’s workmate Gary Ruwona said Ziweye got a call on his way to work with news that his house was on fire.

Clothes and Blankets destroyed by fire

“Upon arrival the house was on fire and he discovered that a gas cylinder had exploded while his wife and child were inside the house. Unfortunately, his wife  survived severe burnts and his child couldn’t survive the gas explosion,” said Ruwona. 

He added that their colleague is asking for help to deal with the expenses that emanated from the unfortunate incident as they have helped him but feel his problem is much bigger.

Wardrobe destroyed by Fire

“Our colleague is seeking help from well wishers who can assist him as he has a burden of burial, hospital bills for his wife’s treatment and also his shelter, we have helped in a way we could possibly but we feel the problem is much more bigger and any other extended help will be much appreciated,” he said. 

Those who want to Assist can contact or use the details below

Contact: +263 7 74119835 (ECOCASH NAME: Nowhere Ziweye)

Bank : Steward Bank

Account Name: Nowhere Ziweye

Account #: 1005022688

Branch: Kwame Nkrumah